SuperDrug launched their Optimum range yesterday, an eye cream, a night cream and a day cream which have in them an ingredient based on stem cells from the highly rare Gamay Teinturier Fréaux grape, found in the French region of Burgundy. The grapes are known for having a high UV resistance and have been shown to protect against sun-induced skin ageing. The creams’ key ingredient, PhytoCellTec Solar Vitis, is based on the grapes’ stem cells.
It is well known that UV Radiation is responsible for most of skin aging. Typical sunscreens cannot block the majority of UV radiation and toxins and free radicals are generated by UV in the skin. The rare Gamay Teinturier Fréaux Grape variety in SuperDrug’s new Optimum’s range is known for its very high antioxidant content. Swiss Scientists have discovered that the stem cells derived from the Vitis Vinifera (Grape) of the Gamay Teinturier Fréaux variety is rich in epigenic factors and metabolites which can protect skin stem cells against damage by UV radiation. Vitis Vinifera stem cell extract has been proven in Swiss clinical studies to:
- Significantly increase the Colony Forming Efficiency (CFE) of epidermal stem cells.
- Protects epidermal stem cells from UV induced stress.
The same ingredients are in anti ageing creams found on sale at Harrods at a rather more expensive £310 per pot, whereas SuperDrug’s Optimum range start at £9.99 for the Eye Cream and £12.99 for the Day and Night Creams.
So what are the benefits?
Super Antioxidant Grape Ultra Rejuvenating Night Cream has been formulated to regenerate and replenish the skin throughout the night when the skin is most receptive, whilst helping to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also stimulates collagen production for firmer younger-looking skin.
- PhytoCellTec™ “Solar Vitis” – a powerful antioxidant with extreme UV resistance which helps to protect and regenerate the skin’s cells for a more youthful and radiant complexion.
- Collaxyl® – a clinically proven hexapeptide that rejuvenates ageing skin by stimulating collagen synthesis for a smoother, firmer complexion. Shea Butter – is an exceptional emollient with skin softening and conditioning qualities.
- Vitamin E – is a powerful antioxidant and protects against free radicals, environmental pollutants and the ageing effects of the sun.
- Pro-vitamin B5 – is renowned for its moisturising and conditioning effect.
The SuperDrug Optimum range are on sale in store or online now.