With more consumers going online to do their shopping and with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and of course Christmas approaching, it’s a busy time for shopping and we at shoppersbase.com will like to remind our customers about shopping online safely.
Whether you’re a seasoned online shopper, or doing a bit more of it at the moment, we will recommend the tips listed below to keep your money safe.
Our top tips for shopping safely online
1) Use your debit or credit card when paying for anything online as it’s one of the safest ways to pay and gives you greater protection. Paypal, Amazon, Google Pay and Apple Pay offer vigorous security and safety as well.
2) At Shoppersbase your online safety is paramount to us. We use trusted third party payment platform (Paypal, Amazon, Google Pay and Apple Pay and Stripe.com payment platform). Shoppersbase.com will never ask for your payment details directly except via these trusted platforms. All your information are encrypted.
3) Make sure the web address in your browser begins with ‘https://’. The ‘s’ at the end indicates a secure connection. Keep an eye out for spelling errors or strange characters in the web address – this can sometimes mean a fake site. Shoppersbase url is https://www.shoppersbase.com/ and is operated by LohSam Ltd. Both Shoppersbase.com and LohSam Ltd are NOT associated with any other website or company. Please contact us here if you have any questions.
4) If you don’t receive your goods and you’ve paid for them by card, please contact us here with your order details and we will process your request with our warehouse/courier contacts. You can find your order details on your order confirmation.
5) Always be cautious when you’re buying from social media or online marketplaces. Offers that seem too good to be true usually are and could be a scam
6) Fake emails and texts are doing the rounds - be careful of out of the blue or suspicious emails, texts or phone calls that appear to be from a genuine organisation or company. Fraudsters use these fake emails as a way to steal your personal information. If in any doubt, don’t click on any links or download files. Shoppersbase will only send you order confirmations via emails and text.
7) Always be cautious of who you give your personal details to, like name, email address or home address. And never give away something that can be used for security questions, like your mother's maiden name. Shoppersbase only ask for those information when you create a customer account with us.
8) Check your transactions and statements for card payments you don’t recognise. Some companies have a different trading name. For us you will see LohSam Ltd or Shoppersbase.com
Fast Shipping & Free Returns. Shipping times - (3 - 7 days)