There’s a new celebrity secret around Hollywood and it has finally been let out of the bag. Stars are flocking to their doctors to get the latest in vitamin jabs in an attempt to boost their body’s natural metabolism and energy levels.
Vitamin B12 is found in eggs and certain meat products but by having pure injections of the stuff, celebrities are by passing the unnecessary bother of actually having to eat these products and getting it injected directly into their bodies.
If you have a busy schedule and don’t find the time to eat properly, B12 shots can give you the vitality needed to exercise and carry on with your normal day.
Celebrities who endorse the B12 diet include Madonna, who is said to carry around B12 shots with her everywhere, Justin Timberlake who was actually introduced to the diet by Madonna, Katy Perry who says she gets the injections when she feels run down and weak and Penelope Cruz who says she can’t live without them.
Glee star Lea Michelle is also a huge fan of the B12 diet and her amazing new bikini figure has been put down to taking B12 shots. Along with these, Lea hikes regularly and likes to ride her bike and rock climb.
So what are the benefits of B12 shots?
- B12 increases metabolism, the side effect of which can be weight loss. With regular B12 shots and a combination of other weight loss regimens, people have reported to lose weight much faster and they attribute it to the shot.
- B12, as we said earlier is a great energy booster. What better way to deliver an energy booster than directly into the bloodstream? The other option would be to take a supplement, which would take many hours in the digestive process and would lose much value along the way.
- Speaking of value, with a B12 shot, you retain almost all the B12 – none of it gets lost in the digestive process. For comparisons sake, a B12 tablet leaves you with only 1.2% of B12 in the tablet. A shot will lose very little, if any.
- B12 Shots are highly recommended mood boosters as well. B12 is essential for a properly functioning central nervous system – we know that dysfunction can lead to depression. If you suffer from mild depression once in a while, you can try a B12 shot as a mood booster – some people have reported feeling happily giddy afterwards, but not for long. In a few hours, it settles and you are just happy!
- B12 is essential for a properly functioning cardiovascular system. It thins the blood and prevents blood stickiness. Blood cells sticking together is what leads to a blood clot which can cause a stroke.
B12 shots should always be administered by a doctor but you can get them in tablet form from any good health shops. As vitamin B12 is an energy booster it will result in the body having healthy, long-lasting energy but this of course will not take off the pounds by itself.
The extra energy stored will replace the feeling of fatigue and create a greater motivation to get up and move, resulting in weight loss. If you use a B12 patch, as it bypasses the GI tract there are no issues with absorption and bodily distribution. The patch begins to work within the first 15 minutes and the effects last to up to a week. Comfortable, discreet and convenient, it is extremely effective if one wishes to ban fatigue and feel renewed with energy. The best time to take your B12 supplements are about 30 minutes before you are about to exercise.