Nestle have issued a statement in which they are recalling some of its varieties of Chunky Kit Kat, after complaints that consumers had found pieces of plastic in them. The company advised anyone who had purchased the bars to return them, unopened, free of charge for a full refund.
The bars affected are the new range of Kit Kat Chunky bars, which include the 48g Peanut Butter, Hazelnut, Choc Fudge and Caramel flavours and Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg.
Nestle said the products were being recalled as a voluntary and precautionary measure and that no other Kit Kat products were affected.
In a statement on their website, they said that: ‘Seven consumers have contacted us after finding small pieces of plastic in the product. To avoid any risk whatsoever to our consumers, we have decided to voluntarily recall the entire production of these four Kit Kat Chunky varieties and the Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg manufactured from September 2012’.
The products recalled are:
- Kit Kat chunky peanut butter 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to February 2014
- Kit Kat chunky hazelnut 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky choc fudge 48g bars with a best before date range from September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat chunky caramel (48g) with a best before date range from June 2013 to July 2013
- Kit Kat chunky hazlenut multipack with a best before date range from from September 2013 to December 2013
- Kit Kat chunky collection giant egg with a best before date of July 2013
Any consumers who think they may have purchased the above Kit Kat Chunky special variety products should return them unopened for a full refund to:
KIT KAT CHUNKY Recall
PO Box 205
York, YO91 1XB
There is also a free telephone FREEPHONE (land line only) 0800 604604 (from UK) or 00800 6378 5385 (from ROI) from 08.00 to 20.00 available from Saturday 23rd March 2013, for anyone who wants more information.
Although the affected products are sold mainly in the UK, the products are also sold in Germany, Switzerland, Malta, Austria, Singapore, the Philippines and Canada
Kit Kat is estimated to be one of Nestle’s top-selling brands, with around 150 bars consumed worldwide every second.