When it comes to styling it raw, denim perhaps beats every other fabric. This is one material that looks more stylish when it is rugged or unpolished. A boho-chic look looks appealing and is a huge hit among college-goers or teenagers. With the popularity of denim increasing by the day, the usage of this material is no longer limited to jeans. While the denim jeans will always have a place of their own in the fashion scene, denim is now widely used in dresses, skirts, tunics, tops, jackets and shorts. Not just I apparel, denim is also a favorite material in the making of stylish footwear and handbags.
Denim dresses particularly look unique as they capture the true appeal of the bohemian or the boho-chic style – a perfect delicate balance between a messy and a feminine look. With denim dresses, you can get this look quite easily because dresses define the femininity of a woman. Top Brands like Levi.com, Guess.eu, CalvinKlein.com, Mango.com, Jones New York offer best denim dresses for women. Denim dresses can have various styles. Some of the most popular ones are as below –
- Denim Jumpsuits.
- Denim off-shoulder dress.
- Denim dungaree dress.
- Denim knee-length dress.
- Denim Wrap style dress.
- Denim acid-wash dress.
- Denim strapless medium dress.
- Denim strapless multi-tonal dress.
Celebrities like Emma Roberts, Ashley Tisdale, Annalynne McCord, Anna Sophia Robb, Kate Bosworth, Khloe Kardashian and Julianne Hough are perhaps some of those who popularized the boho-chic look. There is no rule of thumb that you must follow to style your denim dresses however, here are some no-brainer style tips.
- Add a pop-up to your denim dress with a bright colored Cardigan paired with high heel peep-toe shoes.
- Update your wardrobe with a classic look of Jersey top and cropped trouser and team it with a denim vest or waist coat.
- For a Rock-Chic look, team up a denim mini dress with a fitted blazer and black jeggings. Pair with high heel stilettos.
- For Chilly winter season, cozy up in a chunky knit and belt the cardigan tightly at the waist. (use sleek belts in earthy or neutral shades)
- Add glamour to your denim jackets with some classy fur piping for those special occasions.
- For summer season, wear sleeveless short denim dress with high nude heels.
- Try denim dungaree dress teamed with high heel pump shoes for spring season.
- Denim long sleeve smock is a great option for homecoming occasion paired with wedges.
- Add a splash of colors with Mint green denim jeans, hot pink jeans, bright blue jeans and mustard jeans paired with flat cute shoes.
- For a casual look, get denim sequined knee-length skirts and cap sleeve top teamed with bright colored peep-toe shoes.
- For perfect beach look, wear denim shorts with Rhinestones teamed with off shoulder top and flip-flops.
- For special occasions like proms and evening parties, go for a denim off-shoulder dress in dark grey with black piping and pair it with high heel stilettos.
- Dark brown accessories are great add-ons with denim dresses. Boho way to wear jeans is under a long tunic.
- Fitted denim pencil skirt is as sexy as mini skirt and gives the uptown girl appeal.
Here are a few things that you need to be careful about –
- Double Denim dresses and denim purse together is a big no-no.
- Don’t club denim accessories, purses and shoes together. It will only spoil your look.
- Don’t pair a denim mini dress with high heels it will only make your mini dress too mini.
- Denim skirt with a long tunic and underneath bright jeggings is a big no-no.
- When wearing white denim, avoid too tight or body fitting shape.
Transform your old denim jeans to a chic denim handbag or purse. Use a scarf or embroidery to transform your old denim jeans into a stylish brand new purse. Make your own accessory at home using denim fabric. You can make denim bracelets and add a thin chain to add glamour, make denim brooch or just replace your old watch’s strap with a new denim strap. Check out some tried and tested ways to style your denims here. Boho-chic look is all about woman’s beauty and fit. Its trendy, chic and cheap all at the same time what more can any woman ask for!