Steve Tyler to Create New Fashion Range
Steve Tyler is not renowned for his sense of fashion but this may all change as he is said to be in collaboration with a top designer and set to launch his own range of clothes. The Aerosmith lead singer and now American Idol judge is in talks with Andy Hilfiger, and if the surname seems familiar it should be, he is the brother of Tommy Hilfiger, the well respected fashion icon who has created aftershaves amongst other products. The 63 year old singer who has since seen his career take an unexpected revival, thanks to his appearances on American Idol is releasing a range of ‘rock inspired’ clothes that presumably he would be seen wearing himself.
The clothing range will be called ‘Andrew Charles’ and Andy Hilfiger explains his reasons for wanting to work with the lead singer, “I grew up on Aerosmith and Steven Tyler,” he says, “In his own wardrobe, Tyler mixes leather, leopard and scarves, and is known for his animal prints and accessories. I’ve always loved his music and style.” The duo met at an exhibition called Rock Style during the late 1999s but it was only when Andy saw Tyler on the American Idol show that he thought it would be possible to come up with the clothing range.
The designs for the mens range will based on Steven’s own unique style, using a mix of denim and leather, whilst the women’s clothing will feature the style of Fleetwood Mac’s singer Stevie Nicks. There are plans to include “wovens, knits, and outerwear,” and if these prove successful the range may move into handbags and scarves. The range will be promoted by Tyler and his 22-year-old daughter Chelsea in an ad campaign in the States. It will then be released in Macy’s department stores early in September.
- IT’S one of the most eagerly awaited collections to launch at Macy’s.
- Bugaboo strollers new collaboration with Andy Warhol foundation
- Burton Snowboards announce collaboration for new Ski Wear collection with L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani
- Gwen Stefani band No Doubt launch fashion range for Fred Perry
- David Beckham Models New Lingerie Range for H&M
- Fred Perry Launch Last Clothing Collection of Amy Winehouse
- Daughter of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall – Georgia May – channels her rock genes for H&M’s new collection