The Top 5 Tents for Families
For people who enjoy camping, the most important piece of equipment is undoubtedly the tent. The tent must meet many criteria that vary amongst each individual. The main attributes people consider when purchasing a tent are the size of the tent,
the type of material it is made out of, how much protection it offers from the elements, how heavy it is, how hard it is to set up, and how much it costs. There is no one tent that will perfectly meet all of the expectations of the buyer. It is, however, possible to come up with a list of the top five family tents.
- Wenzel Klondike Family 8-Person Cabin Dome Tent – This is a large tent that has 177 square feet of space. It is made of a water-repellant material that will keep everyone on the inside dry and comfortable. It comes equipped with a screened section, which can act as a porch or a second room to sleep in. The dome on the top of the tent can be removed to allow more air to circulate when needed.
- Rokk Palisade 2-Room Family Dome Tent – This tent offers its users the ability to create two separate rooms, which allows the adults to have a little space away from the kids. It also has a water-repellant cover to keep everyone dry, and it is backed by a lifetime guarantee. The tent is designed with a ring-and-pin system for easy setup.
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person 3-Room Tent – This tent provides enough room for up to 10 people. The three rooms include a screen room, which has a floor to keep the dirt out. It can fit three queen-sized air mattresses and can be set up in less than 20 minutes. This tent is great for people who take extended vacations and would appreciate the space that is offered. The tent is guaranteed to keep you dry, and the hinged door allows for easy entrance and exit into the tent.
- Standing Room 100 Hanging Tent – This is not a traditional tent, but it is, however, capable of turning a canopy into a tent. A canopy structure is not included with this tent, but the walls can be added onto most canopy structures to provide more shelter for users. This type of tent can be very handy in many different situations, although it is not a traditional tent for camping.
- Tahoe Gear Glacier 14-Person 3-Room Tent – This tent will handle the largest of groups and provides plenty of space for everyone. The seven-foot height throughout most of the tent allows for everyone to move around the tent with ease. A rain fly is included to keep everyone in the 240 square feet dry. The setup for this tent may be a little more difficult than other smaller tents, but it is still fairly easy. This is not a complete list, but it includes some very good options with prices that range from less than $150 to around $400. When you choose these large family tents, you will quickly learn that camping with modern tents is no longer the same as roughing it as done so in the past.