How Can You Fix Realtek HD Audio Problems
When you first buy a new computer or install a new operating system, your computer runs very fast and you are satisfied at first. The problem occurs when one or more device drivers do not work as they are supposed to. One such driver that creates some issues is the Realtek HD audio driver. There are many forums or threads on the Internet which advise you on how to fix such problems. But, hardly any of these solutions ever work. Most of the people face a common problem. Whenever they plug in their headphones or speakers in the audio jack, a new window appears on the screen and says the audio device had been unplugged. It is even more annoying when after a few seconds it displays that the audio device was plugged back. For most people, this keeps on happening till they finally remove the device from the audio jack of the computer. However, here is a simple way to solve this issue.
Fixing Realtek HD Audio problem
1) First of all, Go to ‘Control Panel’. Then Click on ‘Programs’ followed by a Click on ‘Features’. This will open a new pop up window.
2) Now, Click on the option ‘View installed updates’. This will show you the updates.
3) One of these will be by the name ‘Hotfix’. This will be about the media foundation. You will have to uninstall this one.
4) Close all windows and go to ‘My computer’ on your desktop. Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and Click on ‘Manage’.
5) There will be a list on the left hand side of your screen. Click on ‘Device manager’. This option will give you a list of devices and device drivers installed on your computer. Look for ‘Sound, Video and Game controllers’ and Click this option.
6) Look for ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’. Right-click on this option and simply Disable it. This will disable the Realtek HD Audio device.
7) Once you are done, restart your computer normally. When the computer restarts and the screen appears, Click on ‘Volume Control’ which is on the right hand bottom of the screen on your desktop. Do not get confused between the ‘Volume Control’ icon and the Realtek HD Audio icon. Volume control is the option provided to you by Microsoft Windows.
8) Once you Right-Click this option, it will ask you if want to enable the Realtek High Definition Audio device, which you earlier disabled. Click ‘Yes’ or ‘Ok’. By enabling the sound card in this manner, any problem with your Realtek High Definition Audio driver will be fixed.
Fixing problems in Microsoft Windows is quite easy with the updates too. Most of the problems occurring in a computer are because of outdated drivers. You should regularly update your drivers. You may do this manually or automatically through Microsoft Windows updates. You can also visit a manufacturer’s website and download your new drivers from there. Most of the websites are free and you do not have to pay anything. You can click here for any further information that you need.