How Lighting Effects Interior Décor and can liven Up Your Home
A bright and cheerful room does wonders. It is not the furniture that first strikes the eye but the general atmosphere of openness, space and light. Thus, when thinking of interior décor, you needn’t always invest in expensive new designer furniture or repaint the walls. Light and darkness aren’t merely existent on the artistic plane. They are a crucial part of how your home will be perceived as well.
What makes lighting so important?
- Easier to catch the play of colours around the room if it is not harshly or unevenly lighted. Corners too can sport paintings or decorated vases to make them come to life.
- We are all psychologically conditioned to gravitate towards light airy places.
- Adds and illusion of space and makes the atmosphere better.
- Well placed lighting can deflect flaws and enhance main focal points.
- It can also draw attention to texture, colour, fabrics, shades and the like, when placed keeping in mind the overall effect.
Tea light candles and stained glass lamps with scented candles look as good as artwork. The soft light they emit is great for lighting up dark corners or highlighting a particular spot. They are surreal for a romantic evening or special occasion dinner or get-together. Whether your room has been styled with a modern, contemporary, Victorian or even minimalistic look, candles are an asset.
Paper lanterns, Chinese lanterns and oriental lamps are perfect for an effect of mystery. They are ideal for quiet evenings as they dimly light a room. The pin points of light and the layered darkness around the room is an interesting effect, especially when you have a room done up with peppy colours. It also adds a special aura to after-dinner coffee sessions and is perfect to play soft music in as at the close of your party.
Why not the sun
Skylights are increasingly in demand. Many a time, ventilation and getting sunlight in your home is a problem as windows aren’t always placed keeping the sun’s journey in mind. So, a skylight gets you some sunlight and also provides ventilation. Plus, sunlight improves the hygiene factor as well. The best part of it is that you’ll get various shades and tones in the light as the sun continues its journey and the degree of light will change too.
Chandeliers are always in
For those evenings where you are entertaining guests at a formal dinner, a chandelier is the perfect lighting piece to add another notch to elegance. In case one chandelier isn’t what you’re looking for, you can opt for smaller ones in a variety of colours and place them with a pattern in mind.
Some things to remember
- Light emits heat, so if you don’t want the rooms to get too steamed up avoid excessive lighting.
- Too bright a light robs all charm from a room. Low lights have a certain charisma though you can have wall lights beneath mounted pictures or frames to throw a glow over them.
- If you have high ceiling rooms, use low lighting to reduce the effect of the height. Low hung chandeliers work best in such a scenario.
Jon works for bathroom store and says that most of the clients are confused on buying toilet accessories. He says that in the recent times, Modern Toilet Pans have become very popular as they offer great comfort. He always buys bathroom accessories from victorianplumbing.co.uk ,specially during sale season.
- Maximise Light in your Home in an Affordable Manner
- 4 Tips to Choosing the Right Frame for Your New Artwork
- Seven Tips to Improve Your Home Interior With Minimalism
- Stained glass lamps this season
- Why is it important to have a bedroom lamp?
- How To: Add Light to a Dark Apartment
- Light up Your Exteriors!