Google Drive Integrates New Third-Party Applications
A lot of the leaks and rumors, which were surrounding the Google Drive service have been dispelled with the launch of it today, and concrete answers appeared instead of it (mostly). Google has a number of unknown partners in time for the Drive launch and one of the leaks connected with the third-party integration turned out to be true.
It is known, that 18 services have retrofitted their applications to co-work somehow with Google Drive. One among our favorite and most energetic cloud companies — WeVideo (in addition, this is and former DEMOGod winner), has even involved in this tendency to bring its collaborative video editing to Drive. HelloFax is another cool Drive integration partner, which promises free online document signing and faxing.
Certainly, development options are still quite limited, though this is a great start for the service. Today Drive’s APIs and SDK are available only to Web applications, which have to be installed on user’s Google Drive account via the Chrome Web Store. Due to the fact that the service becomes more broad, there are no doubts, that other applications will participate too, thus allowing the APIs to involve mobile applications.
Here are 18 services that are already integrated with Drive:
- Aviary – Easy-in-use image editor (Creative Tools).
- MindMeister – Edit and Create mind maps. You can share mind maps and collaborate Google Drive (Productivity).
- AutoCad WS – Open AutoCAD files (dwg) from Google Drive (Creative Tools ).
- Gantter – Manage complex projects on the web. Microsoft Project files are also can be operated within Gantter (Productivity).
- HelloFax – Fax and sign documents from the Google Drive. Faxed and signed documents are saved to Drive (Productivity).
- DocuSign – Get signatures on documents from Google Drive and save signed documents back to the place, they are being stored (Productivity).
- Desmos – An HTML5 social graphing calculator. Store and create graphs in Google Drive (Productivity).
- Balsamiq Mockups – Create user interface sketches and mockups. Share and open mockups using Google Drive (Creative Tools).
- Floorplanner – Edit and create floorplans from your browser. Render floorplans as 3D models and save images back to Google Drive (Creative Tools).
- Lulu – Publish eBooks and print from documents in your Google Drive (Productivity).
- Lucidchart – Flowchart and online diagramming tool. Save, create and open, Lucidchart drawings from Google Drive. Visio diagrams are also available in Lucidchart (Productivity).
- Nivio – Edit and open Microsoft Office files in their initial application from the web browser (Productivity).
- Pixlr Express & Pixlr Editor – Edit and open images from Google Drive from your browser (Creative Tools).
- Smartsheet – Collaborate and manage on projects. Smartsheet also works with Excel files, Microsoft Project and Google spreadsheets (Productivity).
- Pixorial – Share projects, open and share media files and edit videos from Google Drive (Video).
- SlideRocket – Edit and create presentations in the browser. Import PDF or PowerPoint files (Productivity).
- Revisu – Open, share and collaborate files with Revisu and Google Drive (Productivity).
- WeVideo – Produce, open, edit the HD video from Google Drive (Video).
The article was written and provided by Andrew Smith, BugHuntress QA Lab.
Company’s website: http://www.bughuntress.com/